My aunt is battling cancer so if ya’ll can donate like 5 dollars that could go a long way.
and you don’t have the funds or the means to donate, can ya’ll just like or reblog this post to spread awareness? The more people see it the better. It can really go a long way.
Tibetan Monks living in exile in India flew to Ferguson to show support for Mike Brown and community.
Almost half, 13 mothers, were given 20 years or more. In one case, the mother was given a life sentence for failing to protect her son, just like the man who murdered the infant boy. In another, the sentences were effectively the same: The killer got life, and the mother got 75 years, of which she must serve at least 63 years and nine months. In yet another, the mother got a longer sentence than the man who raped her son. In one more, a father fractured an infant girl’s toe, femur, and seven ribs and was sentenced to two years; for failing to intervene, the mother got 30.
Phillip Agnew of The Dream Defenders. The Dream Defenders is a human rights organization that’s building leadership and power among young people of colour to challenge racism in their communities. | Phillip Agnew on All In
This is the dude who should be at the forefront of the ongoing campaign in Ferguson and beyond. I’ve been watching some interviews of his and he is an absolute natural at giving his opinion in a concise, passionate and well thought out way. Plus he takes no shit. My new hero.
I’m freaking out I don’t usually reblog this stuff but this is like incredible
If you’re worried your children are going to get their self-esteemed destroyed by the image of Barbie then maybe you’re not parenting right. Its called ‘teach your child life values and lessons’ which is a pretty normal thing parents should do.
oh god seriously this post again how much fucking bullshittery can you find in here
1. “Sure, representation is great and it would be nice to see more of a variety in body types”???? SORRY, representation is not “great”, it is fucking necessary, especially for young children. Acting like more representation would be “great” is basically saying a big fuck-all to poc, able-bodied people, fat people, etc. and you’re basically saying that representation isn’t THAT important? The representation of my fat body is a second-hand, non-important issue here, as it always is for non-fat people, but I just need to sit down and forget about it, I guess! I guess you can “Be who you wanna be” as long as you’re a thin white able-bodied cis woman!!
2. Interesting how this post in no way mentioned how non-white Barbies are treated/their availability/the racist way Barbie has and does treat non-white dolls. Like, the image above of how ~empowering~ Barbie is exclusively shows all white dolls, too??? As long as we as white women get to have a super “empowering” doll, who cares about anyone else, amirite?
3. The point is actually made in the post— “dolls are dolls”. You’re not “judging her” for her femininity or body. Barbie is an idea, a brand, a carefully thought out market. She is not a fucking person, so, sorry, no, judging her is not some ~horrible feminist act~. Plus, acting like “dolls are dolls and people are people” completely negates how media and the representation we see around us as children is a huge factor in how people internalize oppressive self hatred??
4. Barbie totally reinforces the idea that you have to be conventionally attractive, white, able-bodied, and follow rigid ideas of traditional femininity/gender roles to be of worth. The fact that you can “wear designer shoes while you do it” is a part of misogyny and oppression. If you’re a woman and making strides in history, apparently the fact you absolutely 100% no choice in having to represent yourself in traditional patriarchal terms to be successful/taken seriously is awesome! Go Barbie!
5. As a person who had lots of Barbies growing up, I can say she fucking definitely effected my self esteem. As a fat child, seeing this doll who was supposedly the epitome of beauty and perfection and what women are supposed to be, I did not find Barbie empowering. I did not see that she gave me these great “life lessons and values”. I used to look in the mirror and compare the things I hated most about my face and body to her, and wish that I could look like that. Barbie helps contribute to the idea that women need to be conventionally attractive to be of worth and shows young children what is expected of gender roles and patriarchal/white supremacist beauty ideals.
Stop acting like Barbie is this great ~feminist icon~ tho, and start giving a shit about representation. Fuck this post for acting like that shit isn’t important.
More than 4,000 Africans have died from Ebola and the crisis is continuing to escalate, grow and spiral out of control, displacing tens of thousands, killing entire families and instilling fear into the day to day lives of millions of people in West Africa and all white people care about is their fucking chocolate. Fuck Bill Tomson (@BillTomson4 on Twitter), white liberals and Politico (@Politico on Twitter) for this disgusting, racist trash.
behold, this actual bag of trash.
why do the whites love her???
ew ew ew
lmao at how like.. base and cowardly.. i guess.. this is? its like dang guys my nudes got leaked but look on the bright side, at least im not one of those people that are 100% reviled by society and treated like dirt, huh massively popular media outlet that hundreds of thousands read and gain impressions from? Those poor oppressed women really need another kick to the ribs, despite being perpetually down.
Also, terrifying how casual this conversation seems to have been. She goes from 100% affirmation of ignorance and spite for Trans Women and tells the world that we’re something to hide away and be ashamed of, then segways into how those darn crickets are just the worst and they’re making it a little tougher for her to get as much sleep as she wants, like
it just affirms that this isn’t cis media flying off the cuff, their hatred for us is casual and default. So much so that they can make smalltalk about how they’re glad their not ever going to be us because that would be putrid, and then effortlessly and without mood change talk about like, how great the weather has been
"Oh, y’know, life is life, the sun is shining and transgender women are still just as disgusting as ever! Oh, whats that? Oh, why yes, that cloud does look like a dog!"
Jennifer Lawrence is fucking literal human garbage
Hey, don’t forget she used the H slur. It’s super transphobic what she was saying, but the big issue is that she was using an anti-intersex slur, and not directly being transmisogynistic (DOESN”T mean it was transmisogyny). Don’t ignore intersex people.
This isn’t just on Jennifer Lawrence though. This is also on the editor who decided it was appropriate to use the disgusting interview, the writer who wrote it so fucking casually how revolted by intersex and trans people they are, the interviewer who didn’t even attempt to right the wrong of the interview, and each and every other cis/dyadic person who constructed this trash or who bought the magazine and had a laugh at the blurb.
Oh yeah, this definitely was anti intersex and transmisogynist at the same time. She’s a piece of shit on multiple levels. So’s the editor and writer
there are people who are praising ahs for being ~inclusive~ b/c they hired a trans woman to play the role of a trans woman in a series titled “freak show” when (a) they were only looking for a man to play this role and (b) she had to audition as a dude to get it. they only got a trans woman to play the role of a trans woman by accident and against their best efforts, you can stop lauding them as progressive for calling us freaks now.
"guess since im a white man im not allowed to have opinions"
your opinions have shaped the world we live in today not being catered to for 83.9 seconds will not fuckin kill you
Because a cat who actually loves wearing an inflatable horn is rarer than a horse with a real one.